Tuesday, May 30, 2006

 

True story: My Talk With a Right Wing Blowhard

On Saturday morning during this Memorial Day weekend, I had an appointment to get my wheel bearing and hub assembly replaced. In the few short weeks before my appointment, the humming from my tires had driven me almost insane, but because our family mechanic (I'm 38 and we've been taking our cars there to be fixed for 46 years! You do the math!) is a good one, I couldn't get in for a couple of weeks so I had to put up with the noise until then. I get there at 8am with my coffee in hand and there are familiar faces all around me. One of the workers is an old man named Dave and he only works on Saturdays for extra money. I like Dave. He is a Korean War veteran and he has stories galore, but the only 'fault' I can find with him is his undying love for George 'Wiretap' Bush. Dave loves him and everytime I'm there will say he would love to have a beer with Bush. So, on this particular morning our conversation wasn't any different. Every issue I brought up about the Bush Warpig's actions from recent weeks, Dave had some positive spin on it. Like for instance, I said to him, "Dave, how's that Police State going on in Washington DC?", and he replied, "Kay, Jefferson is a criminal and should be treated as such", in which I replied, "But Dave, prior to the raid on Jefferson's office, Tom Delay, Duke Cunningham and even Bill Frist were known to be doing some criminal activity but their offices were not raided! Doesn't that seem a little odd to you?". Because Dave wants so badly to have a beer with Bush, he pretty much ignored my questions but did say that Washington needs to be cleaned up (I agree but a better way would be to start with the republicans first!). Eventually, Dave pretty much clammed shut until an older woman joined in on the conversation. I don't know who she was but she obviously was a regular customer because of the way everyone reacted to her when she came in. She came in during the last part of our conversation and jokingly said that politics is something that no one should talk about in public because it causes so much chaos. We all laughed because we knew she was right. The conversation was light until I mentioned.........Rush Limbaugh. Oh. My. God. The old lady's head literally turned 360 degrees at the neck! I'm now looking at Satan. Nope, talking about all the Bush Warpig's lies, deceits, and distortions didn't provoke any ill feeling in her until I mentioned her Savior! Wow. Anyways, from that moment on, she considered me her enemy because, well, I hate Rush Limbaugh and she wanted me to believe how wonderful the man truly is. Vomit. She went on and on and on about him and even tried to convince me that Rush never did an illegal drug in his life! If she wasn't an old lady and wasn't so liked by everyone in the room, I would have grabbed her by the neck and would have shoved her face in all the 'Rush Shit', but I didn't. Instead, I let her spew. She then tells me how wonderful Bush is doing in Iraq and how Rush is right and blah blah blah.....when suddenly......my mechanic comes in to tell me that my car is finished. This woman asks me what was wrong with my car and I tell her. She laughs out loud and says to me whenever she hears a noise in her car, she just turns the volume up on the radio as high as it can go, so she doesn't have to listen to the noise anymore. I yelled, "Uh huh!!!!!!" Lady, in one sentence you just pretty much summed up my case against your Bush and Rush! You just said to me that instead of fixing the problem to get rid of the noise, you put a 'bandaid' on it so you don't have to deal with it! See? Democrats and liberals will fix the problem, whereas, you and your republican dolts will just put a bandaid on it hoping for the problem to go away! And that is why our country is so screwed up as well as everything that Bush has touched in the Middle East!". Long story short? She had no comeback. She sank into her chair and I left the place happy as a clam at high tide.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]