Sunday, June 25, 2006

 

A Maine democratic patriot dies in Afghanistan

The news of Patrick Damon dying in Afghanistan from an apparent heart attack is old news but I wanted to talk about it. I currently have a housecleaning business and have so for twelve years now. Over the years I've met some very interesting people, one family in particular is friends with the Damon family. I've cleaned for a couple in Cumberland (town that I grew up in and town next to Falmouth that Patrick Damon was living in) for the past 7 years and a few years ago they asked me to cater a party they were having at their home. At this party, I met Patrick and Hildy Damon. They're democrats and most people at this party were too. I never actually talked with the Damons but as I was serving food to the guests I 'got to know them'. My customer tells me that Patrick's death is a complete tragedy because he really didn't agree with the war itself but did love the soldiers he was in charge of. One of Patrick's last emails was to ask for a State of Maine flag to be sent over, so his soldiers could have it to look at and to remind them who supports them. Tragically, a week or so later, Patrick had come back from training and was found dead @ 6:30 in the morning......apparently from a heart attack. Our state, our soldiers, and our nation lost a good soldier. One good thing? His wife Hildy has always been vocal about her disdain of Bush's fake war in Iraq. Her friends (and my customer) are now saying that Hildy will be the next Cindy Sheehan because she is distraught that this war took the life of her husband and upset that this war has no noble cause attached to it. Let's hope she does. She will have my support and the support of Mainers behind her for sure. God bless the Damon family.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]