Saturday, July 22, 2006

 

A summation of Bush's ego....

The following is an email to me from John (my new Patriot friend online), who is expressing his observations of Bush's ego and why Bush does what he does! I thought it was brilliant:

Kay

I can see a movie title: "The Eyes of Putin". I hate to see the insecure, sociopathic, mentally challenged Bush around anyone of consequence. Invariably he'll either feel up a world leader or get behind a mike to declare he eyeballed someone's soul.

It all says one thing to me. Bush has never wanted anything more for his fragile ego than to be seen as a powerful world leader and great commander-in-chief of the military. I'm no psycologist, Kay, but what he does, the way he responds, his temper, his foul mouth, his impatience.....all point to a classic case of 'something or another'. (I said I was no psycologist)

There were GW Bush's in my class in every grade of school while growing up and later in almost every job where I worked. I was pretty shy and low key in the 9th grade when the "school bully", Freddie Martin, road by me while I was walking and flipped me off for no apparent reason. I returned the greeting, knowing he would come back. I never liked him and I always thought it was silly for guys to back down when he yelled boo.

Freddie circled back, got off his bike, and asked me what the finger was for, right before I popped him in the mouth. He then began removing his cowboy belt with the huge buckle as he was getting up (I assume to instill fear and dread), talked a little more, then warned me we would meet again as he rode off.

My point is....this is George Bush. He was born with a chip on his shoulder and determined to make everyone pay. Acting tough is not a virtue, like Bush and many other Texans seem to think. Acting tough is simply a revelation of Bush's insecurity as a man and as a leader. Hell, Bar is more of a man than Jr. is.

The BS about looking into Putin's eyes to me indicates Bush wants to be seen in the same light as world leaders like Vladimir, which is troubling itself. An American President, by definition, shouldn't need validating when it comes to being seen as strong and, at a minimum, on a level with any leader in the world.

I've never forgotten Jackie Kennedy in the 1960s.....her unpretentious charm, her grace, her sense of style and beauty. It was easy for me to understand why Nancy Reagan hated her so much. Nancy just never understood what it was that caused the world public to rave about everything 'Jacquelin', yet sniff at Nancy's very expensive sense of taste.

She never understood that the dresses and hairstyles didn't make Jackie popular. The charm and mystic Jackie possessed made them popular and in much demand simply by wearing them. I distinctly remember a report from the '60s that said Jackie Kennedy had been wearing very housewifeish dresses with large polka dots. That was considered terribly gaudy at the time, until Jackie slipped one on. Why did she wear something like that? Hell, she liked it! She didn't give a crap what other people thought if she was wearing something she liked personally. Guess what the next American rage in dress styles soon became?

This is George's dilemma. His biggest problem as a world leader is that he's consciously trying to be seen as one. It don't work that way.

In all seriousness, I believe the President needs therapy. His brain is scarred from years of being, well.....a Bush. He probably grew up thinking Bar was his dad and dad was his mother. An understandable mistake, but the point is he needs help. And when he gets help, the world gets help.

If he continues on in life thinking all is well with him and that the rest of us are the ones off track, well...time will tell how his life ultimately plays out.

As for Freddie Martin, we became friends of sorts soon after our incident, but I could see he was still unsettled for some reason. Sadly, he later took his own life.

I know! We'll have an intervention for GW at your house! How does that sound?

Later,

John

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]