Tuesday, December 26, 2006

 

AMERICAblog comes to Maine! Woohoo!

Myself (KayInMaine), Joe Sudbay (AMERICAblog contributor), Sharon Sudbay (Joe's sister), Chris from Maine & MikeyInMaine (AMERICAblog regular commenters) met today and what a wonderful time we all had! We met at the Falmouth House of Pizza and spent two and a half hours there talking about Washington, politics in general, and shared our own stories with each other.

Here is the Master of the Left Blogistan, Joe in DC/Joe Sudbay of AMERICAblog (sorry John A....you weren't there so you don't get the title today!), and his sister Sharon Sudbay, who is heavily involved with women's issues here in Maine and who is business partners with Jim Mitchell, who is the nephew of Maine's great ex-Senator, George Mitchell. What a treat it was to be at the same table with these two! Being with them, you get that feeling you're in the midst of greatness (okay, that's my only suckup today Joe!! LOL):


















At 1:30pm we left the restaurant and Mikey, Chris, and I decided to go across the street to the Foreside Tavern to have a drink and to chat some more. This picture of Mikey and I was taken by Chris and I'm leaning forward (and looking ridiculous I may add) because I'm trying to help Chris with my camera. (It's the mother in me! Sorry!!!) By the way, Mikey is exactly the way he is on AMERICAblog. He doesn't beat around the bush and just jumps right in with his two cents on the topic at hand. He is very outgoing, cheerful, and smiled and joked the whole time we were all together today. He's a Patriot for sure!

















Here's a picture of Chris with Mikey. Chris is also like the persona he is on AMERICAblog! He is so funny, intelligent, and is a very focused individual. He drove over two hours to be with us today and this proves how much dedication he has when it comes to blogging and to being part of this extraordinary time in our lives. The only thing I was taken aback by was the deepness of Chris' voice. He could do voice-overs....his voice is that great!























Mikey & Chris having a drink at the Foreside Tavern. No further explanation needed. ;-)





It was so nice meeting all of you today and I think we pretty much solved the problems in Washington. Why? Because. We. Are. That. Good. ;-) And Joe, as always, it's so great to see you. You are our Master!!!!

Comments:
LOL How the hell do you put the correct spacing between pics and paragraphs? Let me know and I'll fix it at some point.

Oh what fun we had!!! I was so happy to meet all of you and to see Joe again. ;-)
 
lol yeah it was a hell of a time.

2 notes.

first i picture horribly.. that picture of me with mikey (the one where im not drinking lol) my face looks like ive been stung by a million bees.. im not gonna eat until 2008. lol

secondly, im glad you like my voice, when i recorded it for my podcast and ive heard myself on answering machines and stuff i think i sound like crap.. maybe its the acoustics of the place lol.
 
LOL You don't look like you got stung by a million bees Chris!! Stop it. Look at my picture! I look awful!!!
 
And....you have a great voice. ;-)
 
Wow, that's what I call five fine looking Democrats!

I love each and every one of you . . .

and am damn glad I'm on your team (-:
 
We feel the same about you Smoke! We talked about you today. ;-) It was about our hot and steamy thread on Ablog when we were exchanging Xmas presents with each other. Oh my...
 
Ooohh..... does Mikey have deep blue eyes?
 
boots. did you wear the new boots?

(-:
 
LOL - that net of Christmas lights DOES kinda look like bees!
Or gnats, maybe.
 
I wouldn't wear the boots out to a restaurant Smoke. Those boots are not made for that kind of walking!! LOL
 
Anonymous, yes Mikey does have blue eyes! He's really tall too. My neck was starting to hurt from looking up all afternoon. LOL
 
yeah.. mikey is wicked tall.

he also looks a lot younger then he is. (which is quite a compliment lol)
 
I was surprised by his age too Chris. We all look young for our ages (even my friends in the thread below look young too!). I wonder if it's because we don't get the sunlight they do down south or maybe it's because of our attitudes up here? I have no idea but people don't age here in Maine!!!
 
it's the booze, doll . . .
 
lol, yeah everyone at the meeting looked young for their ages.

i still get carded, and im 26. lol
 
Darn, I wish I could have been there.

I know...
Let's have a bloggers convention at the ranch in Oklahoma!
 
Tim (CowboyNEOK...for those that don't know), we need to gather people in Oklahoma for you! What about putting up a post on Pink Panther's Blog about it and see how many people in Oklahoma would come? Or post it on AMERICAblog? Even if you get one person to begin with, it's a start. That's how it started with Joe and I and then it's naturally blossoming. I told Joe that eventually we'll have to rent out a hall for these meetings (lol..I hope not! That would put my head into spin mode!!).

I would love to meet you Tim! You know you have a big piece of my heart... ;-)

If I could afford it, I would fly out to meet other bloggers, but unfortunately my piggy bank won't allow it. Dammit!!!!
 
LOL Smoke. Yes, the booze could be the cause of quite a few things not aging....like....my maturity?!!

CowboyNEOK/Smoke...I would love to fly out and meet you guys but my piggy bank won't freaking allow it! Cowboy, what about posting an invite to your Oklahoma readers on your blog to gather a few people up to meet? That would be cool!! Or post it on Ablog?
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]