Wednesday, December 27, 2006

 

The Bush family press conferences today about Gerald Ford

I'm really starting to believe that George W. Bush the 43rd president of the United States is morphing into a reptile with fuzzy hair. Watching him today reminded me why I would never want to seek the office of the president and how lying, deceiving, and distorting for years on end takes it's toll on a person's body! Wow. And what was with all the blinking he was doing? I couldn't stand watching it and I found myself concentrating on his blinking rather than listening to his words!!! If he's not highly medicated, then there is something definately wrong with this man. The world 'delusional' always comes to mind, but today, he really looked like a fuzzy-haired, sociopathic, lizard. This is what happens apparently when you know you've lost your power and your days are numbered.

Not only did Georgie talk about Ford's death (which is kind of sad to me, but at the same time, I don't want a 5 day funeral to mourn him like Reagan's funeral! Jees. Come on. Have some humility for once GOPers!!), so didn't his Mom & Dad. Awwwww, it was a Bush Family Mourn Fest. Interestingly enough, I didn't tear up once when Bush Sr. was talking about Gerald Ford's passing. In fact, I didn't believe a goddamn word he said. Bush Sr. said that Ford was instrumental in his own career. Huh. I always thought Bush Sr. was instrumental in his own career and when he didn't get the VP nomination under Ford, he pushed himself in at the last minute when Ronald Reagan was about to pick Gerald Ford as his VP for the 1980 race. Wow! Bush Sr. is still acting like the victim all these years and trying to convince Americans that his career just naturally flowed. Spit.

Anyways, it was a sad day to hear about Gerald Ford's passing. No republican president has been my favorite president in modern times, so when I heard of his death I just hoped the right wingers in this country don't prop this man up as a symbol of "everything good" like they did Ronald Reagan. Our presidents are our presidents and they are important, yes, but treating them like they are an Imperial King (or Queen sometime in the future) is just plain disgusting to me. Ford did do some good for our country in the 1970's, because, quite frankly, he wasn't Richard Nixon and our nation needed anyone but him to be running the show. Ford came in at the right time, but that doesn't mean everything he did during his time was 'godly'. He made mistakes and the biggest one he made was pardoning Nixon. Americans don't like the 'good ole boy buddy system' and this decision is what made him lose to Jimmy Carter. Nonetheless, he's one of the few republicans that I can talk about that doesn't make my whole body react in a primal fashion. He doesn't make me bristle up.

My heart goes out to the Ford family, who have obviously lost their 'treasure', and I'm sure they're wanting some peace right now as they mourn their tremendous loss.

Comments:
:-)
 
ford might have been one of the last sane republicans alive.
 
Well, Big Mouth Chris let the cat out of the bag that I was talking about Smoke yesterday. I did mention that I did, but Chris (**sighing loudly**) has now let out the whole secret!!! Thanks freaking Chris!!!

Yes, I did talk about you Smoke yesterday.

Anyways...!...

I think you're right Chris. He's one of the last sane republicans to be alive at the moment. Sad.
 
wasnt that much of a secret. lol
 
i just hope you were smiling while talking

bikers have feelings too (-:
 
smoke said..i just hope you were smiling while talking bikers have feelings too (-:
Wed Dec 27, 11:08:02 PM 20060

You two going to rent a room?
 
Lookie it is sheepboy again.

You do not need a room do you pussboy, just a barnyard.
 
LOL Clif. How bout a slaughter house instead for ole Bushboy!!!?!!!

Let's see Smoke...you're a 48 year old semi-retired steel worker, who is a biker, and who wears the coolest clothes. Yep, I talked very nicely about you. Even Mr. Joe in DC thought the thread was hot and steamy. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if all the Christmas threads on Ablog were because of our gift giving to each other Smoke!! Wow, that was some Christmas I had...
 
can't wait 'till New Years Eve

a nice toast to celebrate, and maybe some smoochin' . . . ?

(-:
 
Hi Smoke! You're already here. I was directly you to come over here with my eyes.

Yes! New Year's Eve we will have a toast together...woohoo!!!

Sounds like a great time...
 
And....lots of smoochin.....of course. ;-)
 
i wouldn't mind doin' some smoochin' NOW

You?
 
I love smoochin. ;-)
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]