Sunday, December 24, 2006

 

Eve of Christmas Eve shopping with friends....

(They're going to kill me for posting these pictures. I told them last night I wouldn't but I couldn't resist! Hard to believe that we're all 38 years old! We've hardly aged but that could have a lot to do with our attitudes.)



This is my friend Jan. She's been in my life since @ 6th grade. She is such a freaking riot! She is the most sarcastic and funny person I've ever met. The evening started with a two hour dinner, drinks (Jan was drinking fishbowls of Margarita's as you can see), and laughter. The waitress we had was young and so much fun too. She was so happy to see us because the Mexican restaurant we went too was apparently dead all afternoon and she had hardly made any money. We made sure to give her a great tip, of course. ;-)




We went to Spencer's and Jan found a magnet that read, "Please Tell Me If I've Slept With You Already". Love it! Of course, a trip to Spencer's can't be complete without visiting the naughty toy aisle. While we were looking at the dildo's and laughing our asses off, a young guy (22 maybe?) came to the aisle and quickly grabbed a pink dildo without even looking at it because there was a group of old ladies (us!) standing there cracking up! Freaking riot.



Cyndie! This picture of her reflects who she is all the time. She is always smiling, is happy, and is so full of vitality! She's a new Mom too. Her little boy is 7 months old.



This is my friend Karen (not the best picture of her because she is stunningly beautiful! She's very, very French). Here and I were next door neighbors growing up and have known each other since before kindergarten. Her mother spoke fluent French and would scream at Karen and I in French and the only English we would understand was our names. So freaking funny! You would never know it, but Ms. Karen is the mother of five (yes...5 kids!). She's a super Mom (literally in all aspects) and has the kindest heart too.




My son snapped this picture of me before I left for the night and it's a good thing he did, because otherwise, there wouldn't be a picture of me from the evening! That's the way it always is too. A picture of me in the last 10 years is rare, so enjoy this blurry one of me for the time being. ;-)

What a wonderful night we had. I got my shopping done, but I was a little concerned for Jan who had a boatload to finish up on. She and Cyndie were heading for Target when we parted last night. I hope she finished!!

Love you all! You add so much to my life.

Comments:
best post ever
 
Thanks Smoke. Are you enjoying your gifts today? I'm having fun giving them to you! I've had a couple of days to think about what I would put in your stocking for Christmas morning, so I think you'll have fun with it. ;-)
 
Just curious...where in ME are you
 
I'm in Durham near the Auburn/Lewiston area.
 
Wow Jeremy! I see you're in Portland. Most of my friends are in that area and in Cumberland/Falmouth too.

Always great to have Mainers come to my blog! Thanks for stopping by.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]