Sunday, December 17, 2006

 

This is my favorite picture....

...of my mother and I (you may want to click on it to see it better)!

It was taken in one of those photo booths in K-Mart back in 1971 when I was 3 years old. I have it over my sink in the kitchen, because it's one of those moments that makes me feel good (yes....on the other side is a picture of my son, so don't worry) and I like having it near me. My mother tells me when the camera started flashing inside the booth I stared straight ahead just like this picture shows and all five pictures are exactly the same of me, except for my mother's expression, which is different in each phrame. LOL I think that is so funny and this explains why my eyes are wide open and the size of saucers!!!

By the way, I collect snowmen. My house is full of them. The more whimsy the snowman the more I love it! Have a great night. ;-)

Comments:
I forgot to mention in my post that I love my mother's glasses too! So freaking 70's!!! My father wore his Army glasses with the green lenses for years too when I was little. Isn't that a riot?

Enjoy this picture. ;-)
 
two pretty ladies :)
 
I'm adopted Smoke, so I don't look anything like her (she's Norwegian and I'm Italian), but my mother has the biggest heart on the planet! She is very liberal too which makes her personality that much more wonderful.

Thanks for stopping by again Smoke. I love it when you do. :-)
 
I like the picture Kay, too bad there was NOT more people like your mother with us, and less people like the idiot trolls and neo-con criminals in this world.
 
Thanks Clif. When my mother is here [she and my father spend the winters in Florida], she always comments about her teeth. She grew up extremely poor and had really soft teeth, so when she was a teenager, my grandmother mustered up enough money to have her teeth pulled and dentures made. In this picture, she is between dentures and there is a space between her teeth that makes Madonna's look small! Today, her teeth are beautiful.

My mother has the biggest heart. She worked as a teacher's aide for years and was always ready with a hug for the little 2nd graders who were poor and who needed one. She would buy them a hot lunch too.

I love her so much as you can tell. ;-)
 
Plus! It was 1971. The only people who looked good back then were the ones going to the nightclubs. LOL My mother was a homemaker. A cookie baker extraordinaire!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]